.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

filling the void

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I need some heat man, bring me some heat!

Indeed I do need some heat. Lots of it actually.
I've lived in this godforsaken hellhole of a country for 27 years now, and I've EARNED to live out the rest of my life in a climate that is more hospitable to living things.
Right now, it feels liek I would easily give one if not two of my testicles to live in a warm country with a good teaching job.
I want nothing more than to move to a warm country.
Words cannot express the hate I feel for cold, and the love i feel for heat.
I NEED some heat. I need to be able to look out of my window and see the sun more often than once per two months, I need to be able to go to the foodstore without thinking if I'll make it, or if I'll just sit down and die half way.

I'm cruising weather.com, looking for suitable places for me to live, and the middle east isn't looking too bad at the moment. I'd love to live in a country where sub-zero temperatures are a virtual impossibility.

My friend just suggested thailand, which might be nice, but I know very little about the country, and I'm fairly sure I don't speak anything remotely close to thai.

Southern spain, the middle east, nothern africa, south-east asia, these are all places with acceptable climates, and I'd move there in a heartbeat if I had a job lined up.
The only problem with moving outside europe is the citizenship deal.
Hopefully, some company or university will find my talens unsurpassable and irreplacable, and invite me to teach there, and they'll hook me up with a green card and everything else.

A boy can dream, can't he...

I'd like to promise myself something like "before I'm 30, I will live in a warm country on a permanent basis", but the only surefire way to do that is to go to jail in such a country, and I don't think a thai prison is where I want to be.

30, that's only 3 years away from now. Why does it feel like my life will be over when I'm 30?
For some odd reason, it feels like life will end. Then again, that's what I said about 25 when I was 21, so it's probably nothing, but I still don't like growing old with nothing to show for it.
I'm still stuck on this godforsaken spit of land.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway...

/me is out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home