.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

filling the void

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Trance Utopia

Went to a party last night. Outdoor. My first in a long long time. Last was probably in the very beginning of the summer.
Very well organized, two dancefloors, nice lineup, chillout zone with good flooring.
My only gripe is that it took me roughly one hour to drive out there. It was in a very nice place, very picturesque, but still, a long way from home.
I must say that I didn't expect that big a turnout, what with it being so far away from civilization. Granted, it was one of the more talked-about parties of late...

I also got to meet some old friends. Always good to meet old friends, rekindle the flame.

I had spoken previously with one of the DJs about his transportations problems, and how he had no way of getting to the party, but he'd apparently found a ride in the nick of time and made it down. Why he couldn't ride with his other friend that was playing is beyond me (Berre and Adam organize regular parties up where I live in Uppsala).

I was surprised to see that there weren't more of the "old guard", as it were, there. The average age wasn't too young, but still not alot of the people I knew or recognized from before were there. I suppose people drop out of the scene eventually. Especially those who find that the drugs are more important than the music. I always found that a nice mixture between both, alternatively no drugs at all is preferred.
People get in to things for all the wrong reasons, it would seem. I have no doubt that I'll be going to parties 15 years from now, maybe even 50. Provided I can still walk, that is. Maybe the advent of cybernetic limb replacements will keep me dancing until I'm 150, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

I also met a nice girl there. We had spoken previously online, and I was really looking forward to meeting her in person. She was everything I thought she would be. Cute, nice, talkative, intelligent, interesting, and a good dancer too. =)
I hope that I will be able to spend some more time with here, and that she isn't whisked away before we get to know each other a bit better. There is no doubt in my mind or in my heart about what I want to happen. Lets just hope that, for once, the spirits look kindly upon me and grant me this singular wish. It's nice to find someone my own age aswell. Quite a different outlook on life.
Well see where this takes us, but my hope's up, and I have a very good feeling about this.
Blogging and dating is easier if the other person doesn't read your blog, but then again, a good relationship is open, so this'll probably make its way to her eyes, as it always does.

But that smile, it's toxic, I'm telling you...
But in a very good way =)

On a lighter note, my friend and I are discussing DRM right now. It's a sticky world we are entering into, with patents and copyrights galore. A thousand and one law to break, and very few to protect us and grant us the basic freedoms we enjoy today (or atleast enjoyed ten years ago).
As every day passes, a new law is passed making life harder and harder.
I'm not just talking about people who pirate software and content, but people who want to use their content on devices of their choosing, and the concept of "fair use" has all but disappeared.

I could probably talk without end on the subject of fair use, protection of privacy and such, but my friend just called me, and were going to hang, so I'll save that for another time

--Markus Out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home