.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

filling the void

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Noise (Mental and Otherwise)

Got alot of stuff on my mind today. Stuff that's not really problems as such, more like choices I have to make. Luxury problems I suppose. Like what wine to have for dinner, instead of IF I should have wine for dinner, or even worse, if I even can have dinner. Not that I like wine, but it's a fairly good analogy.

"Now these small paper squares. About a quarter of an inch on the side. And they've been impregnated with LSD..." (Ohh, and the blogger spell check doesn't know how to spell LSD...)

Tristan - Small Paper Squares.

This brings me back. What with mental noise and all...
Ohh the colors, the colors man.
Maybe some day I'll write about my experiences, but I don't think that'd make very good copy. Also, erowid.org is probably a better resource.

Anyway.

Lost the thread there.

Gotta get me some mental dolby, cancel this shit out. (I wonder if Prozac is the Dolby Noise Reduction to the noise we have, a little or a lot, in our collective heads?).
Helping us see things more clearly, focus. Or maybe that's Ritalin...

Speaking of noise, I spend the better part of the day right next to a SUN-Fire-V240 Sun server, and that is one loud machine, let me tell you. It probably generated 4-5 times as much noise in the lab as all the other PCs combined (roughly 10 of them or so). I had a ringing sensation in my right ear when I left work today, that's how loud it was.

Sure, equipment needs to be cold, but damn. The career I envisioned for myself did not include ear protectors. It's not like I'm going at a piece of street with a jack-hammer here, it's electronics people...

Other mental noise enters my mind.
It's the good kind though.
Maybe I should shut up now. I know only good people read this blog (or atleast I hope), but saying the wrong things might set of a chain-reaction of events that will eventually lead to the destruction of the universe as we know it...
...ok, so maybe not the universe, but I don't want to jinx what could become a very very good thing.
So, like I said, I'll be shutting up now.

How about them yankees...

Maybe I should just get to bed at a reasonable hour today.
Lord knows I was tired enough for a small community this morning.
And we'll have no doing lines as a pick-me-up either.

Enough rambling, I will see you all on the flip side..

Markus out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home