.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

filling the void

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Early in the morning

I've started my new job for real.
It's great.
I get to learn stuff about equipment I've never messed around with before.
Very cool stuff.
The only bad thing, is that I have to get out of bed at 0600 in the morning. I know most of you probably do this on a regular basis, by my classes usually start around noon, and I have a 20 minute walk, or a 5 minute bike ride to school. Now I have to take trains to work, and it takes me close to an hour to get to work. I usually have an hour left when most other people in the lab leave.

It's not like the early mornings are going to go away either. I suppose I'll get used to them, but right now, I'm virtually in zombie mode whenever I get home.
Today was the first day I managed to actually produce something after I got home. (On Connect ip mask check support for some software I'm writing) Though I had written large parts of the check scheme before, I only finally applied it today. Looks like a release will be available tomorrow.

Four more days until most of the rest of the family comes back home, and my brother moves in to the room next to me. It'll be nice to once again live under the same roof. Even if it is only for a short while, and he won't have to wake up at 0600 in the morning. Curses....

Ohh, and I was reminded the other day of a great Penny Arcade strip about plastic packaging for electronics-related products. They really do want to keep you out of that stuff. You more or less need the jaws of life to get into your newly acquired joystick or whatever.

Midsummers' eve coming up on Friday. Still have no clue what's going on with that. I'll keep you posted.

Markus out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home