.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

filling the void

Friday, June 17, 2005

First Meeting

I went to my first meeting with my new boss today. It went very well. I arrive at this nice big office complex, almost campus-like had it not been for the big fence and gates. We talk for a short period of time, and it dawns on me that my friend on the inside must have sold me like I was the cure for cancer. The boss seemed genuinely happy to see me, and told me that my skills was exactly what they were looking for, and that I fit the profile perfectly for the kind of people they were recruiting. Turns out my skillset was the perfect match for what they look for in an applicant.

Also, this seems more like an internship than a normal job. Especially since it's limited in time, but the boss also told me that I'd get to go around and see all parts of the company, and get to know alot of good people. He told me that "You're going to get connected" (my translation), and that sounds very good to me.

I will also be bouncing around to their various offices here in town a bit, so that'll be fun. I think I'm going to have a really really good summer at this job. I'm sure that it'll beat my previous two at the other job like it's nobody's business.

To celebrate this joyous occasion (or maybe just because it tastes good), we're going to have a barbecue. The first real one for me this year (the one the other day didn't include any actual frying of meat on my part), so that'll be really nice.

I'm also going back to Uppsala tonight to go to a club. No word yet on whether it will be a regular Friday thing or not yet, but hopefully we'll get word tonight.
I'll update you later on how the evening transpired.

Markus out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home