.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

filling the void

Monday, June 27, 2005

Aerobie

This is a toy I had as a kid, but that just up and disappeared one day. Not only had I lost mine, but there seemed to be no stores left that sold them. Neither the sporting store nor the toy store carried these wonderful throwing toys anymore.

For those of you who don't know, the aerobie currently has the Guinness book or records record for the longest flight of a thrown object. 1257feet or somesuch, or, across the Niagara falls between the US and Canada.

My brother and I searched far and wide for one of these last summer, so we'd have something good to throw around when we were out here together, but to no avail.

But, as I was perusing the offers from play.com (that I get in my email every now and then), I found that they had a gadgets sections, and whatta ya know, they carried aerobies. We instantly decided to get one. Of course, play.com didn't deliver these things outside the UK, but we found a Swedish disc-golf company that carried what appeared to be a more or less complete range of the aerobie products, so tomorrow, it'll be packet up and sent via 1-day mail to my house.

If it hadn't been for the fact that I have work early tomorrow (gotta wrap this up, gotta sleep), I'd be sitting out front waiting for the mailman to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home