.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

filling the void

Sunday, August 28, 2005

What a Great Day

As some of you might recall, I wrote about not living life to the fullest a couple of weeks back.
How I wanted more out of life than the mundane experience my average day presented me with.
Yesterday was one of those days where I got something back from life for all those numbskull days I put in, not accomplishing a thing.
I wake up at a more or less normal hour. I feel no stress what so ever. I know that the day will be spent almost entirely to my specifications, and that I haven't got a single thing properly booked for the entire day, yet I know it's going to be grand.
I take my time eating breakfast, having a long shower, and just relaxing at home (alone in the house, what a joy). I then descend on the mall. One of the largest in europe, but with a comparatively very small parkinglot.
The sun is shining, and there isn't a cloud in sight. I take my time in the mall, and after a while I actually find a pair of jeans that I like. I haven't worn jeans in ages, so I figure I should try 'em on again.
What is really amazing about this tour to the mall, is that I manage to buy a pair of shoes in less than 5 minutes. Normally, buying a pair of shoes is a one month ordeal for me. I can't find the right ones, and I look in a ton of different stores. This time, I walk up the the wall o' shoes, and I see the shoes I'm already wearing, in a newer, very hot looking version. I ask the salesguy for a pair in the same size that I'm already wearing, and they fit like a glove.
In and out in less then five minutes, and I now have a pair of really nice shoes.

When I get back home, I put in a call to my lovely friend who's up here visiting from Poland for a week, and we decide to spend the day together.
We've been wanting to take the convertible our for a spin together for a while now, so we do.
We drive out towards Waxholm, very beautiful road, very fin to drive. We chat and have a nice time.
We decide to stop at Bogesunds slott, and have a cup of coffee at the cafe behind the castle.
Very picturesque setting, nice and quite and very relaxed.
I think the word 'relaxed' frames my day very well.
After the café we roll out all the way to Waxholm, to where the ferries out to the archipelago leave from, and we have a nice big icecream there at the dock, basking in the sun.
We have such a nice time, talking about this and that, just enjoying the nice weather and enjoying the ride.
Later, we end up at her place, eating chips and watching a movie. National Treassure, very good flick.
All in all a very nice day, very relaxed, no pressure of any kind. I had a lovely day.
I'd love to spend more or less every day ike this, but I doubt I'd appreciate the sensation as much if I did.
I will, however, tr to get a few more days like this in before fall comes, and I put the car into storage.
Hopefully, the weather will be with me.

--Markus out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home