.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

filling the void

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Google Gets It Wrong

I regularly search for the words "context management" on google.
The concept of "content management" is well known and prolific, and as a result, google always asks me "Did you mean: content management?", and then proceeds to assume that I did, by just showing me hits from the "content management" query. I didn't even click the link that suggested I may have made a mistake. Sure, in most cases this works well, but in my case it makes it impossible to actually search for "context management".
The should have a link that lets you say "No, I actually want to search for this".
They could just provide you with a link to what they thought you were searching for, and leave the original query in the original results, but no.
Sometimes they do, when I misspell other things for instance, but in this case, it never happens.
It is incredibly infuriating, as my whole thesis hangs on me being able to get information about this particular topic.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • My google obeys me right :) No cry for substitutions. Maybe it was a bug for some time.

    Pasha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, March 28, 2008 at 9:27:00 PM GMT+1  

  • Hi Marcus :)

    My google is searching for 'context management' without any problems and only suggest 'content management' at the top.

    Maybe it is something connected with profiled search results?

    Some time ago when I was searching for 'asterion enschede' I had my own report for Uni about Erasmus first because it was in Polish - stupid and nothing in Dutch :p

    Now they improved somehow so I can find real page of Asterion as well in the Top 10 and first one is ESN Twente website ;)

    By Blogger krewetka, at Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 7:26:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home