.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

filling the void

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Junk television

Nothing happened today. I suppose that's not really what peopel want to hear, so I'll add some filler.
Another one of my friends started a blog today, it's linked from my sidebar.
And apparently, I've gotten hooked on this reality show called "Forever Eden". It's not something I'd normally do, unless I had ALOT of free time on my hands, and not even then. I've watched more or less one full season of big brother, but that was like 3 years ago, when I was unemplyed for a full year, which was one of the worst years of my life, by the way. I thnk it's easier to watch foever eden, because it's on every day, and it's on at night time. Unfortunately, there are only two episodes left (I won't be sad when it's gone, I have other reasons, bear with me), and I'll be spending tomorow night watching Bullit and I'll spend friday night out partying, so I guess I'll have to read how it ends. That's another good thing about getting shows a bit later here. All the information you could possibly need about a show is already online. www.tvtome.com is my friend.

It turns out that I won't be starting my new job on monday. It's been postponed until wednesday, and when things like this happen, to deals that aren't signed, my foundation starts to shake a little. Not that I think anything bad will happen, because they seem to genuinely want me there, but still. Ohh well, it's tw more days of vacation for me then. I mght just go out there and scope the place out, so I know here to go on the big day.

I'll be moving back in with mom for the duration of summer also. Since she lives in the town where I'll be working, I can't very well stay up here. Besides, it'll be fun to see all my friends again, and since this is a university town, it's fairly dead during the summer. More on that later.

I've learned alot about threads and sockets today aswell. C++ isn't my language of choice, but I might aswell learn it properly, not just have a small clue as to how it could be used. I mean it's on my CV for crying out loud.
Ok, so I do know a bit more C++ that I might have let on, but it's been so long since I used it, I really should sharpen up the old skills. I should probably do the same with my perl skills, but unless I'm actually using the language, it gets hard to maintain. I know java better than the back of my hand, but that's because I use it almost every day, and I've written big projects using it. C, hmm, not so much no...

I'll keep you posted.

Markus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home