.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

filling the void

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Wednesday Madness

Our school year here is split into four quarters. This is the last quarter in the school year, and as luck would have it, I have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off. Today is Wednesday. I thought to myself: "This will be a good day to go downtown to do some shopping and check some stuff out". Imagine my surprise when I found all of Enschede downtown at the same time. It wasn't just at lunch time either, it was before and after. People were swarming. All the cafés were full, as were all the stores. What were these people doing there? Didn't they have jobs to go to? Didn't they have school?
You'd think that lunch time in the middle of the week would be a good time for people to not be out and about on the town. Weird.

In other news, I finally replaced my old backpack. It wasn't getting old, but it was so rugged and abrasive that it was tearing up the backs of all my shirts. This time I bought a nice one with some kind of contraption at the back that always keeps the bag off my back by a couple of centimeters, letting the air flow nicely. Another good thing about this contraption is that no matter how much I stuff in to the bag, the feeling against my back is always the same. Perfect.

Today I also got my tickets to Mayday. This party has been happening for a long time (from 1991 in fact, according to wikipedia), and it's about time I went. Now that I live so close by.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home