.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

filling the void

Monday, April 16, 2007

Pi

My last post was apparently number 314.

I'm a bit annoyed right now, because my internet has gone back to sucking ass. During exam weeks it was fine, but now, for some reason, everything takes ages to load, and I have slower response times than on a GSM modem.

Another thing that pisses me off was that google decided to introduce the possibility of having blogger in a variety of different languages, so I was greeted with a dutch page when I went to log in.
Not only that, but when someone else from my ip range visits my blogger profile, it's in dutch, even though their google settings indicate English. I hate localization of software. I know a lot of other people like it, but I feel like more of a victim than a beneficiary.
Also, why the hell does google's spell checker think internet should be spelled with a capital I? It's not a fucking name, it's a concept.

Looking on the bright side of life, however, we've had a nice temperature of 28 degrees here all weekend. I've been walking around in shorts for 3 days, and I'm absolutely loving it.
I had a solero ice cream today. When they were introduced, there was only one flavor, Mango with vanilla ice cream. About 1-2 years after the introduction, they removed this flavor and started adding all sorts of other outlandish flavors. This went on for years, without the best mango flavor ever returning. Until now. When I went to the store today, I found a "solero exotic", which turned out to be exactly the old mango taste that I enjoyed so much.
I also saw that the liberal party in Norway is moving towards passing a law that would make both file sharing legal for private use, and ban DRM. Both very cool things. Definitely steps in the right direction. I foresee DRM being all but extinct within 5-10 years.
I have heard about similar bills in Sweden and the EU, but I can't remember where.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home