.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

filling the void

Saturday, March 31, 2007

This Is Sparta!

I went to see 300 last night with the gang, and I can tell you that it is absolutely everything that it is hyped up to be. Whatever good things people say about this movie does not make it justice. One of the fiercest movies I have ever seen. The fact that it's loosely based on a true story makes i even cooler.
I read on imdb that the director said that they'd purposefully not gone for the historically authentic fighting, but rather chosen styles and moves that would look better on screen. Good choice, and even better that he actually says so up front, rather than having to be railed about it later.

If you haven't seen it already, you should! At least twice. I'm thinking of my second screening as we speak...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home