.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

filling the void

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Roommate Assisted Dinner

I just made a really delicious dish for dinner. I had had it previously when my roommate had made it, and I decided to give it a go myself. I went out and bough all the ingredients, and under the careful supervision of my roommate, the forging or dinner commenced.
The result is absolutely delicious. And it's healthy too!

It's a dish consisting of mainly pork and rice.
I put the following in to it:

  • 500g of pork (500 actual grams, no bone or anything)
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 peppers (green and yellow)
  • 2 servings of rice
  • 1 onion
  • ½ garlic (5 cloves)
  • Soy sauce (Quantum Satis (Mom will absolutely love the fact that I used this word)) (Used in two stages, as we will see)
  • Pepper

You'll note that there's no salt in here. I tried to pour some on, but my roommate stopped me and said that soy was the way to go.

I started by chopping everything up into smaller pieces. The pork was about half a thumb in size. I then proceeded to fry the pork in a normal pan, using soy sauce instead of salt to season it. Add some pepper, but not too much. After that the garlic and onion goes in (I should have done one of them first, instead of both at the same time, but I can't remember which one). The next step is putting the pepper in, and after that's been in for about a minute, throw on the eggs.
Just when the eggs look about done, it's time to throw on the rice. The rice needs to be cooked, and a little drier than normal, to prevent it from sticking too much.
Proceed with mixing things up, and adding some more soy and some more pepper.

When everything seems to be nicely mixed, and the rice has taken on a more brownish shade, serve as is with something nice to drink. If you want, you can add half a glass of water to the mix after you put the rice in, to help the merging of the parts, so to speak.

You really should try it. I'm adding it to my repertoire of meals I can cook. I recently had to remove a dish I "stole" from my room mate from the list, as I had grown quite tired it it. (Basically sliced potatoes and mushrooms and sour cream, fried up in some oil with spices. Very farmer, very Russian).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home