.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

filling the void

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Switch

I'm a switcher. Or, at least I'm going to try to be.
I'm not switching something as important as my computing platform (heaven forbid), but what I am switching, however, is tracks here at the school.
It turns out that telematics relies heavily on knowledge that I as a CS student should have, but that I don't have. I suck at math. I really and truly do, and the coming courses require me to not suck. Since I can't just un-suck myself, (hmm, eww) I see no other alternative than to switch tracks.
I went to the guidance counselor today to talk to him about it, and he said that there should be no problem with this, but we need to talk to the guy who's in charge of the track I want to switch to.
Apparently that guy had been on the admission board when they discussed my application this summer, so I'm fairly sure he won't have any objections. After all, Software Engineering seems to have less stringent knowledge prerequisites than Telematics.
This might, however, cause me to have to stay here for longer, which completely fuck with my monetary situation, unless I can pull my shit together and do some major catching up.
I'm having a meeting tomorrow that will, more or less, decide my future. Hopefully it will go well.

Keep your fingers crossed that I get out of this place by June or July 2008, as intended. If I don't, then I really don't know what'll happen to my life.

I try to not be a quitter, but sometimes it's damn hard. Right now, I hate my life and my very existence, but I guess it's a sunny day, so it can't be all that bad. I think that if I can just switch tracks, and get a pass on at least two of the (three) exams I took two weeks ago, I'll be fine. (More fine anyway)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home