.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

filling the void

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Upper Middle Class

Today was a good day.
Today was upper middle class day.
It's one of those days when you get reminded of where you come from, and it doesn't seem at all like a bad thing.
I know I have blogged about this sort of day earlier, but it can stand to be repeated.

Today was "wash the expensive sports car day". It was also "take the boat on a swimming trip in the archipelago day".
Being out on that boat, the same boat that they've had since we were kids, and just taking a cruise to go for a swim in the middle of the day, brought back alot of memories, but it was also different, because we were all adults now, and there was a different perspective.

We were still the younger generation, since his dad was driving, but we were also a gang of adults, albeit of different ages.
Also, we each, my friend and I, had a nice car to touch up and wash and buff and shine (I haven't gotten to the buffing and shining yet. I will in a matter of minutes though) and we both owned them, and we were back home in a nice neighborhood, and the sun was shining, and everything was good.

I felt very distanced to the parallel universe copy of me that's, as we speak, scuffling the streets for some smack and a cardboard box to sleep in.

I might not think my parents are dreamy, but they did bless me with this privileged existence, so I guess I owe them thanks for that.

I believe that the best way to do that is to not deny my "heritage", as it were, and use the privileges that I have. Limited as they might be, they are still there.

Like so many times before, I have no clue what so ever where I'm going with this.
What I do know, however, is that in a couple of minutes, the buffing and shining will commence

--Markus out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home