.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

filling the void

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Miata!

It's mine!
It's finally mine, and I'm loving it!
I took it for a test drive on Thursday, and I made the purchase on Friday afternoon.
My red beauty. The masking tape on the right rear-view mirror is just a hotfix I did, after patching it up with plumbers silicon (and saving 700SEK in repairs).
I wanted even and constant pressure all around it, so it sat like that over night, and during the drive. I also got the supposedly busted cd-player to work. All I did was jiggle it a bit, and it was alive.


I got a chance to drive it to and from Uppsala aswell, and I took the smaller, more winding roads home. It's more fun to drive on the smaller roads than on the freeway. The view is alot better, for one, and you get to drive more, rather than just transport yourself. I kept thinking at every turn that "Man, I really deserve this!", and I do. I'm not sure for what, other than 26 years or ups and downs, and whatever hardships I've had to endure. I bought this car for my money, on my initiative, and it's everything I wanted it to be, if not more. After having graphed the numbers (If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge), I saw that there was a certain amount of money that no matter the condition of the car, people wouldn't sell under. It was like a logarthmic curve. I saw that as the cars got older and older, the difference in price went down, and they all settled around a certain figure. That, ofcourse was the figure for which I bought this car, and by using that rationale, I believe that should I ever decide to sell this car, I will more or less get back exactly what I have given for it. This is based on the roughly 200 miatas for sale and sold this summer in this country. If anybody wants the graphs, I'll be happy to show them to you.

It's a dream to drive, and the previous owners have taken real good care of it. Tomorrow is my big washing and polishing day, so tomorrow, I'm getting the sheen out.
I'm also making a list of the things that does need changing. It is 15 years old, after all. Things like the rusty back breaks, and the dashboard. Various cosmetic details, and the fact that it squeaks at a certain steering wheel angle. (When you steer past it)
All very minor things. The engine purrs like a kitten. Might clean the engine-room too. Just for the heck if it.

The Swedish Miata Owners Club has a meet down in Jönköping next saturday, and I'm thinking that I just might go. It's a 200km drive, ofcourse, but that's what I have the car for. I hope I can get someone to go with me. Especially some nice and pretty girl. To make the illusion perfect. *wink*

--Markus out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home