.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

filling the void

Monday, December 17, 2007

Edumacation

I ran in to this quote today by Albert Einsten:

The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Albert Einstein
It ties in really well with something I wrote down in one of my books as I was studying it last week:
The smarter I become
The dumber I feel
There's nothing better for letting you know how infinitely little you know about everything than learning about other things. The more you learn about one thing, the more you realize that there is so much more information out there about which you don't have a fucking clue.

Now, the reason why I think these two quotes tie in well together (which might not have otherwise been obvious), is that going to grad school really makes your knowledge seem insignificant, because you are exposed to so much other knowledge that you know you can't possibly learn it all. What grad school also does is expose you to a lot of useless knowledge, which in turn keeps you from learning about things that you are really interested in.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home