.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

filling the void

Monday, May 28, 2007

Hello, I'm full of myself!

Like a lot of other people, I read pvponline.com more or less every day.
The comic is not as good as it used to be, but it is still good work.
It's drawn by a guy named Scott Kurtz. At first you didn't really notice the person behind the comic, but as time progressed and the comic gained notoriety, you started to see this guy doing more and more to market himself as the guy behind the panels.
Most people blog, some people do podcasts, but this guy is now so full of himself that he is offering to call people for money.
Had this been April 1st I would have laughed this off, but this is just too weird.

Halfpixel.com is proud to announce an experimental new service called “Friends for Five.” For the unimaginably low price of ten dollars, you can get a five minute phone call from Kris and Scott, stars of the “Kris and Scott Power Hour” (heard live ever Thursday at 6pm). For those five minutes, Kris and Scott will indulge your fantasy and act like your life-long best friend for five minutes.

I realize that some people might want to make use of this service, but you have to have your head pretty far up your own ass to start a service like this in the first place.
"I am so popular that people will pay money to talk to me!"
What the hell, man?
You know, as if the comic wasn't going downhill anyway, you have to go and pull shit like this.
You know, I've stuck by the comic through some previous antics, but I'm not sure I can take this asshat seriously anymore. (I guess I've never actually been able to take him seriously, but I still liked the comic)

A lot of people on the web comic circuit get to be well known and sought after names, but they don't let it go to their head. People like Gabe and Tycho over at Penny-Arcade come to mind.
Some of them have even given talks at MIT with great success.

I guess modesty isn't a word in Mr Kurtz' vocabulary.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home