.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

filling the void

Friday, December 15, 2006

Off the wagon

Who am I kidding here...
I know I terminated my account, and that my game time expires on Monday, but so help me, here I am, re-queueing for the Battlegrounds over and fucking over again.
I just hope that the end will be swifter this time.
As with Diablo2, I kept going back to it around 4-5 times as I recall (not counting this fall, when I REALLY wanted to play, but didn't). Each time had a longer time span between it, and the times that I spent playing became shorter and shorter.
Now, as you remember, Blizzard is releasing "The Burning Crusade". I don't know if I'm going to try to exercise some kind of mental restraint, or if I'm just going to get suckered into the wonderful game again. The stuff that awaits on the other side of the dark portal might just prove too much of a temptation for me to not surrender to.
I do know, however, that I'll put everything else before the game. Now that I'm guildless, and I'm not raiding, I don't have to take care to adapt my playing schedule to anybody else's time, which makes all the difference in the world.

I'd love to clear Naxxramas and AQ40 and whatnot, but I realize that it's not in the cards for me. Maybe if I could spend 40 hours a week at the game, with the best people in it, but I have way too much other interesting things to do.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home