.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

filling the void

Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Last Page of the Internet

This is the last page of the internet. You've reached the end, now go outside and play with your friends!

I miss the days when I could just log on to the internet and surf around in wonder and amazement about all the cool things. Right now, when I've finished my 30, or so, minutes of reading news, comics and blogs, I have nothing. Waiting for unsolicited email doesn't get me there either.
I know I have other things that I can entertain myself with, but the internet, as such, has lost most of it's appeal. At least the www-part.

I have 6 documents in front of me in acrobat reader that I need to read for my exam tomorrow, but I'm not feeling very inspired or enthusiastic about it at all.
To top it all off, it feels like I'm coming down with a cold. All the symptoms are there, PLUS the dryness of winter is wreaking havoc on my skin and, more importantly, on my nose. Getting impromptu nosebleeds 5 times a day is not my idea of a good time.

*cough*

I've spent the better part of the morning watching the midterm election coverage on CNN, and a biker build-off on discovery. I liked discovery a lot better before the age of "American chopper". Back then it was actually interesting content. Television in the age of Pimp My Ride is definitely going to hell in a hand bag.
I'm just happy the idiot-box is downstairs, so I don't idly watch it while I'm sitting at my computer. I'm passive enough as it is. Having a cold also isn't doing much for my happiness. Right now, as far as I'm concerned, the whole world should just be sucking on the barrel of a shotgun with their toe on the trigger. Why the HELL don't humans come with a better immune defense system. It's not like we're not exposed to these diseases YEAR AFTER YEAR!...
You'd think that we would have developed a way to cope with them by now. I guess I should be happy I'm not flat out dying from this.

Exam time tomorrow. The last one for this period. I'm getting royally tired of exams. Why do I even need grades? Can't I just get a certificate of participation or whatever, and then it'll be up to me whether I learn from the experience or not. Handing in assignments is ok, because it's a learning process, but this now-or-never, no questions, high pressure exam situation is just bullshit.

I realize that I may have been misspelling "pressure" as "preasure" all my life, but at least I can own up to my mistakes and learn to live with them.

For a boyish finish of this, I leave you all with a hilarious fart joke. (girl or boy, you really should watch this!)

(I'm sure glad that this thing has a spell checker...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home