.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

filling the void

Saturday, September 23, 2006

SMIT

I am part of the Activity commission for an organization here in Enschede called SMIT (Student Mobility In Twente). SMIT handles all the international students, both going from and coming to Twente (as far as I understand it). They are mainly an organization for the Erasmus students, but they kindly help us poor MSc. students as well.

Each month, we have a party. Last night was the traffic light party. People are given bracelets of different color, the color arm band you wear signals your "marital status". Green for single, red for together with someone, and yellow/orange for something in between.

It was good fun, except that I was coughing the entire evening. I left around 2 am to check out a Goa party I know was going on. I spent about 45 minutes at the Goa party. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. The venue, Atak, leaves a lot to be desired. Hearing random conversations over the music isn't generally a good thing.

I've been putting some pictures from various things in twente online. The pictures from the party is online. The SMIT website will also have some pictures on it a little bit later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home