.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

filling the void

Thursday, July 05, 2007

In a rut

I don't want to do anything. Everything just seems boring. I tried coding a bit, but it's not particularly exciting. I don't particularly want to watch any TV, there are no games I can play (I just finished S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Shadow of Chernobyl). I'm in a rut. My vacation officially starts next week, after all my deadlines are passed, and maybe my mood will pick up, but I think this crappy weather is a large contributing factor to the way I feel. According to the BBC, we will get nice weather this weekend, but as weather services are more often wrong about good weather than bad, I wouldn't keep my hops up.
In fact, there have been countless times when the weather service has promised sunshine and delivered fierce rain, but I can't remember a single instance of the weather service promising crappy weather and delivering clear skies and a burning sun.
It's a conspiracy, I tells ya! I'm sure they actually know when the weather i crappy, but to keep the masses in a daze, they sometimes promise good weather when there is none to be had. Not only does this give people a sliver of hope when watching the news, but it also keeps the masses occupied with complaining about it to each other.

By the way, I looked up the definition of the word rut just before writing this, and it is really quite a misnomer. On the one hand it means a groove or depression in a road (probably why people use it the way they do), but it also means, and I quite, "a period of sexual excitement of male deer and other animals, corresponding to the period of estrus in the female."
I guess mating season might be depressive to the ones with no one with whom to mate, but please, nothing I could find about the word relates to a depressive state in anything other than asphalt.

I really hope that this weather will pick up. Not only will it make me happier at home, but it will also enable me to drive down to Switzerland, which in turn will make me even happier.
See what a little sun can do. I'm like a flower here, need the sun to survive...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home