.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

filling the void

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Dream Invasion

What you do during the day really does have an effect on what you dream about during the night.
I've been playing a lot of S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Shadow of Chernobyl recently. So much, in fact, that last night, I had vivid dreams about the game. I dreamt that I was meeting some people at my last save point to continue the mission. We got some head shots in and had a few laughs. It was all very very real.
Earlier in the night, I dreamt about something similar, but more involving some death match competition set in the same setting as the game. (And cooking and baking cakes, for some odd reason).
Somewhere in between these two dreams, actually the dream who led me to my save point (where I found a friend of a friend, who had a movie sitting on his shelf. I can't remember which one it was, but I seem to recall it being made by the same guy who made the movie Stalker, on which the game is based.), involved me being out in the fields, so to speak. Hunting something. I believe I won, and I took my prey, who happened to be another human, on this trek. (For some weird reason, he told me he had shit in his pants, and he was talking about it all the way. weird).

All in all a very weird night.
Not to say this hasn't happened before though. Similar, but less "real" things have happened when I've played a lot of Diablo II. Also Bejeweled has a tendency to invade my dreams with colorful blocks when I spend all day playing it.
If you haven't played any of these games before, I suggest you do. S.T.A.L.K.E.R is very different from most other FPSes, in that the game progression isn't linear. There is no corridor running. I read somewhere that people said that if you liked Deus Ex, you would like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. This might be true, but I don't know. I never played Deus Ex, but I remember reading about it and liking it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home