.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

filling the void

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Banks

Banks suck.
I know, it's better to have my money in a bank, accessible via my debit card, than it lining my mattress (who am I kidding. Do you know how much money you need to fill one of those?), BUT, what I can't understand is how the HELL it can take them a week to get a money transfer done.
24 hours I can accept. What with doing batch jobs at night, and practical reasons, but when the money disappears from one account, and does not IMMEDIATELY show up on the destination account, I start to get worried.
When it's still not there 5 days later, I get even more worried.
The university felt it prudent to deduct the cost of tuition from an empty account, so now I have a letter from the bank here, wanting me to call them. It might have to do with the fact that I'm several hundred euros overdrawn, but if they have a problem with that, then a) why the hell did they allow the transfer to take place, and b) why the hell haven't they just cleared my transfer, which would put me well into the black again.
Leeches is what they are. Can't live with them, can't live without them.

The service they provide is needed, but the way they provide it in leaves a lot to be desired.
I have a feeling that I'm going to go over and talk to Rabobank as soon as I get my money. ABN AMRO certainly hasn't been performing to my expectations...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home